The 100% online Master of Public Administration-Government program from Pace University’s Dyson College of Arts and Sciences prepares working and aspiring professionals to qualify for multi-faceted positions that require strong analytical and administrative skills, management expertise and in-depth knowledge in the complex administrative, policy, and organizational processes of public service.
The MPA-Government curriculum is vetted and regularly evaluated by practicing public administration professionals through our Michaelian Institute for Public Policy and Management to effectively prepare students to apply what they learn in the classroom to their current and future work environments.
Our dedicated and experienced faculty will aid students in capitalizing on their own unique strengths so they can graduate confident in their ability to lead and manage in public governance. Students will sharpen their critical thinking and data analysis experience, build on their oral and written communication skills, master of the art of compromise and gain experience applying real-world solutions and theoretical concepts to community-based problems.
Students will become experts at articulating and applying the public service values and perspectives needed to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and ever-changing workforce and constituency. Additionally, they will learn to identify, interpret and translate data and research that is pertinent to helping individuals and communities, and influencing systemic change at the local, state and federal levels.
Expand your global perspective with PAA 644 Seminar in Government Management, our short-term study abroad course to Oxford, England. Study with Oxford Professors, nonprofit administrators, and local government officials for a deep understanding in this life-changing comparative analysis course.
Students will have opportunities for internship or independent study and can also work with an advisor to pursue an optional specialization in Computer Science and Information Systems.
Pace University offers the MPA program at the NYC Campus as well. For information please see our MPA program website.
The government employs over 22 million people at the federal, state and local levels.
Who Can Benefit
- Current and aspiring public management professionals
- Career changers
- Community/organization leaders
- Government interns
- Government employees
- Private sector employees who work closely with the public sector
- Recent college graduates
Upon graduation, MPA-Government students will be able to:
- Lead and manage in public governance by demonstrating clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Participate in and contribute to the legislative, administrative and organizational policy processes with community-based solutions.
- Analyze, synthesize and solve problems by applying theoretical concepts into practice.
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective using public service values to justify a research problem, methodology, or recommendation.
- Apply diverse perspectives when addressing a problem in a changing workforce and citizenry.